Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Very First Lap Size Quilt Finished and Gifted


Well I had to post a finishe picture of my very FIRST lap size quilt. It was a lot more work than I expecting hand stitching the binding. I think next time I am going to try machine quilting it. But overall I am very happy with this quilt!!
I liked it so much that I really didn't want to give it away. But I knew it was going to a good home, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law so I was very happy and excited to give it to them.
Here is a picture of them at our Christmas exchange and I think they look happy with their new quilt. Don't you?!!

2 comments:

  1. This is SO cute!!!! I love the solid red. You chose well!

    I intended to make my family a Christmas quilt this year, but never "got around to it". I made two for wedding gifts though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! yes hand binding is quite tedious...try the machine nxt time. it doesn't look as good but it is quicker.BTW...thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete